Saturday, 11 March 2017

Special knees!

****** YAWWWWWWN ******

Hmm, there's nothing finer after a hard night mousing in the Palace woods than being sat here on the bed soaking in the warming rays, biscuit treats to one side of me and  a large lump to the other....

Hang on just a mo, there's something very wrong with that statement, I think....

Best recap as it doesn't do in my position, and by that I don't mean recumbent, to make false statements, now does it. I mean a Princess stands or falls, not that I fall off anything I don't want to, on her veracity integrity and charm, and in the case of my peep, the ability to deal with those with special knees.

What's that? What's that you say?

Special NEEDS you say?

Hmm, well given all that's wrong with you, I rather take the special needs bit as par for the course. But those knees, well those knees are so very much in need of de-nobbling I do rather think they could rewrite medical science.

Well not the knees rewrite science as they have even less opposable thumbs than I do, but I dare say if you wanted to sell them I could get quite a few bids from the Internet. In fact if we advertised in What Chicken, we could have them there knees on a calendar in every chicken house from here to Bear Cats Tasty Chicken Emporium in America. Mouses!

Anyways, before I interrupted myself, I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my statement....

Now it was definitely a hard night mousing, no mice is always a hard game to play and you sometimes just have to chase your own tail to make up for it. purrs

Hmm that doesn't leave a lot...

Ah-ha I got it! it was the fact it's sunny! I mean we never have sunny weather on a winter's Monday! Who ever heard of that, stands to reason that winter should be miserable.

Add to that the fact that the first day of the working week is meant to be gloomy and rainy, so as to drive peeps to head to work. Well that and the prospect of having to do all those jobs they'd been putting off like cleaning the moat and jet washing the battlements!

Having said that, it is now March. And March here means springtime has sprung, so technically sun puddles are permitted, nay absolutely necessary to let those little daffodils bloom.

Now they, those nice new crisp sun puddles fresh from their winter skiing holidays, help us cats too. They warm the earth, which in turn gets those little green shoots a shooting, and those little grubs and worms a' grubbing and a worming.

Yup, and when those little grubs and worms move around they make lots of noise, and wakes the birds and mice.

Now those there little birds and mice head off to restock the pantries, and of course when they're active so am I.

So I figure that this here sun puddle is one hundred percent not wrong....


The lump......


OK, I just cant figure what IS wrong, and everything is set for a nice Monday. I have a spring sunpuddle, a nice warm duvet, a stash of treats, and a large lump in the bed.....

EEEEEEEEEEK!

What the heck!

Peep! You're STILL HERE!

Quick, get out of bed this instant and get to work, like 3 hours ago!

This just isn't right, how dare you do that too me. Sneaking up on a Princess like that, in a not moving from the duvet kinda sneaking up way.

That just isn't right, no ma'am, you could have caused no end of psychological issues, not to mention I could have lost a life, and caused premature greying and wilting of my whiskers. Mouses!

Oh my, I feel faint. Get me cream, and treats. And a mirror!

No best I get them, you've caused enough emotional damage for one morning....

Oh my. Why on earth are you still here? You're not sick are you? I mean you don't look any pastier than normal.

Is it your legs? Have those nobly knees finally given in and wobbled their last, is that what it is?

Or have they been stolen in the night by a pack of chickens after a souvenir?

Whats that peepers, a day off, you say?

A day off as in, off work for a day?

A twenty four hour period in which to do nothing constructive, that sort of day off?

A Day Off?

A DAY OFF!


You can't just go around taking days off and not tell me. I mean think of the chaos it will cause having you tripping over things. Well specifically me actually. You do seem to have a way of being exactly where I want to be going, when I want to be going there. Mouses!

And you just don't seem to take into account the fact that I'm of limited stature, compared to you, and cant go around with my head in the air trying to second guess where those dainty feet clad in the deranged fluffy cat slippers are going to end up next.

On that subject Are you sure they haven't gone rabid? I mean they look nothing like any cat I have seen, even one nipped up doesn't have those sort of wide and spinning eyes. Mouses!

Well if you're going to stop around for the day, I need you to make yourself useful. There is nothing worse about the Palace than derange slippers with nobly knees attached. What will the neighbours say if they see you out in the daylight. They'll think I'm going soft or something. Mouses!


The Devil finds work for idle paws......


Right, what I need you to do is put on this apron, make like a chef, and get breakfast started. There's bound to be a few mice around the grounds if you look hard enough. Just remember to feed the Kraken on the way back, assuming the mailman hasn't already been that is. Purrs

After that you'll need to put on this here other apron and make like the cleaner. Shifting dust is something you should be used to, so progressing to actually getting rid of it will be a great opportunity to learn new skills. Just whatever you do, don't upset the vacuum by saying her bag is fat. she was in counselling for weeks after the last time someone said that. I'd say stick to what you're good at peepers ol' chum, but common sense really isn't your strong point. purrs

Now, once you've done that, the Palace steed needs re-shoeing so the Farriers apron is in the stable block. Whilst you're there, the Gardener's apron is in the greenhouse and there are some strange looking plants in there that need seeing to.

Hmm, on second thoughts forget that apron, the fact there are plants growing in there, period, is a minor miracle in itself given the last time you chose to feed my African Violets you killed them all. I shed a tear every time I pass those little graves on the way to the mouse hunting grounds. Purrs

Yup, best skip that apron, and head on over to the milking parlour and use the milk maid's apron. I'm sure Daisy won't mind giving you some cream for my tea. Oh and make sure you warm your hands this time, before you grab her. I sure don't want a repeat of the last time you did that. Poor thing, took weeks to make her stop producing ice cream sundaes. I wouldn't have minded so much but it was the middle of winter and nobody around here wanted to buy any. Mouses!

Once you've sorted that lot out, which I'm guess should be around tea time, you can have a few minutes break. Then if you nip into the car and drive around the village a couple of times and then come home, we can start the evening routine.

I can't have you thinking you can just lapse into bad habits and have this sort of an easy day all the time. You've not retired you know. And even if you had, pensioners have to earn their keep too. I've seen those peeps all over the place being put to good use, checking the accuracy of the bus timetables and the quality of the hairdressers. All important jobs, and help keep those buses and hairdressers on their toes.

Hmm, I just had a great idea! Brilliant in fact. Peeps, take a missive to the Director of Pensioner Employment,  the D.O.P.E, for short, and suggest to save resource and wear and tear on those lovely pensioners, what they should do is combine the bus and hairdresser inspections into one and have a mobile hairdresser service. That way the pensioners can arrive to conduct their inspections of the supermarket special offers and DIY offers all trimmed up and looking a million dollars

What's that you say peep, ol' lugubrious one? What am I doing?

Me?

ME!

Of all the nerve, I'm doing absolutely everything, well everything else your not. Mouses!

I mean who do you think has all these brilliant ideas, not forgetting all those aprons that need checking!

In fact I have my very own TUX apron to check right now. So, peepers, if you don't mind I need a little privacy to cogitate and formulate a new work strategy.

Oooh, before you go, will you pass that nice fleecy bakers apron and pop it in that sun puddle, just there, thanks. I mean someone has to make the biscuits around here!






<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<><<>


It's Sunday Selfie time!



Please join me now as we enter the Sunday Selfies hosted by the fantastic 

Kitties Blue: XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, and Cooper Murphy, from The Cat on My Head blog 












The Sunday selfies is a wonderful weekly celebration of blogs and bloggers from across the world, and shares stories and pictures for others to enjoy. 


Why not join the fun, by adding the code from our hosts, a link is on their page, and posting your own selfie.



After a hard night spent researching the mouse population, I found a moment to strike a pose for the selfies.  I really don't know why peep was so upset about taking it, I thought for 6AM I thought I look rather good!

To see what all our pals have been up to this week, please click the links/images below, and enjoy the HOP!









53 comments:

  1. Biscuit making is hard work Princess Erin,Mum baked bread yesterday,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh the smell of fresh bread is quite something, not that I eat fresh bread, it has to be mice or nip or cream. Now a biscuits made of those three would be quite something, for sure!

      Delete
  2. Oh erin you are so hard on your Peep, really you are. I mean can't he do stuff without the apron? AND can't he have a lie in?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it for peep's own good, I do. Plus an apron garners respect, and has really useful pockets to store toys and nip and other important things that I may need on the way around the estate! As to lie in's well just so long as peep doesn't retire then I can suffer the odd one or two, at the weekend of course, and at night. Purrs Erin

      Delete
  3. Surely your peep can have one day off (but no more than that or they start getting ideas about taking every day off, and that wouldn't do at all). I think your selfie came out looking really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I do like it. Hmm one day is the thin end as it were. I shall have to see about the next one, maybe award it on a points basis, maybe one for every mouse peep can catch for me...
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely selfie, and I can't see why your Peep complained about taking it at 6AM. You are right, Peeps have to be kept on their toes. My mum is retired and I have a hard job to stop her slacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flynn. That is exactly what I thought, I mean peep had to be up at five to feed me anyway! Peep will retire shortly so I think I need to have a plan to make sure no slacking takes place!
      Purrs ERin

      Delete
  5. I guess it really is no good to waste a day off. So, I guess your peep better get to work. And do let us know when those biscuits of yours are ready, Princess Erin, as we're quite hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is it, time is too short to waste just enjoying oneself when I need to have so many jobs done! Well those biscuits got made, but alas peep went and jumped on the bed and ruined my good work. Mouses!
      purrs, ERin

      Delete
  6. That's some serious tough love Erin, but the peep might thank you later, maybe! You're looking mighty fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just being fair, and a true division of labour needs to be established to make things run smoothly. Though I won't be having the floors polished as it plays havoc with the brakes when trying to chase mice at speed. Purrs ERin

      Delete
  7. What is this "day off" thing of which your Peep speaks, Erin? There's stuff to do (for you)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! And for all the same time I still didnt get my carpets cleaned. Mouses!

      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  8. You lookin mighty fine, Erin. Be sure to keep your human in line, and as for making biscuits, that one of our favorite hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love to pose for shot, on my own terms and without a flash!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  9. " I do rather think they could rewrite medical science..." MOL - oh knobby knees where fore art thou so knobby... meanwhile there are biscuits to be made - time to chase some mice from the corners and right into the fluffy cats slippers.

    Thanks fur stopping by last week. The Mom actually had to go to Hospital on Tuesday, although we didn't blog about that, just left it on FB... Took two breathing treatments before they let her go home with lots of meds and instructions... no rest for those fighting the cold buggers. -Katie Kitty Too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, those slippers are heading for the bin, well they will if they keep eyeing me up that way. Mouses!
      OOh my I do hope your mom gets better soon. Peep has been getting worse on the breathing too and is on inhalers again. Hope the wek goes better for all.
      Purrs Erin

      Delete
  10. Your peep had the nerve to ask YOU what YOU were doing for the day? You? Askin' a princess what she was doing for the day?

    I don't know how you've recovered. purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. Well, I get used to it, to a degree but this took the biscuit. Still, with a firm paw, all the chores were done and work proceeds as normal, or as normal as anything can be in this Palace. Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  11. Princess Erin my Mom is retired and she seems to take a lot of 'time off' but we do prefer her being home with us and not out and away. We think you had a fabulous selfie today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this retirement thing is catching, as peep hopes to do that in the next few years. Mind you there will be advantages for me if peep does, as I will definitely be able to save money on staffing costs!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  12. You are simple amazin ERin Purrincess kat!!
    Beeutee an brainss combined! Yur Peepss must bee inn AAAWWW of you dailee!
    ***nose kissesss*** Siddhartha Henry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you charmer you, and thank you, I do try my best to please peep and yes peep is in aww of how I do it... well I think peep is... well peep better be. MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  13. OMC Erin, you're quite da task master huh?. MOL 'Course you're right. Our peeps do need to keep up and stay alert. MOL Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dezi and Raena. Well I likes to think I'm firm but fair, well firm and black and white actually. But peep does need that firm paw else things just won't get done!
      Have a great week. Purrs and nose rubs. Erin

      Delete
  14. You sure made us giggle today, Erin!! OMC!!! The Bees Knees is what we were thinking about...and what on earth do they look like??

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely certain myself, but I dare say peep's aren't nearly as nice, or as useful as a bees! Purrs ERin

      Delete
  15. Humans just don't consider our feelings about these things, do they? --Mudpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, it is so often them them them. Seem like it gets worse around the clock change too!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  16. Great selfie. If a Peep is going to have a day off and be in your way, you deserve a month's advance notice- and some cream. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, a month, maybe two. In fact I should have these scheduled a year in advance, I mean they do that for the weekends, don't they!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  17. Hello Princess Erin - Lady Shasta here an'so happee 2 meet u. Ann of Zoolatry suggested I stop by 2 haf a looksie at your palace/header - I am needin'sum kind of a redo fer the Beaglebratz Manor/header an'haf consulted with her fer her assistance since my peep iz just not of that ability.

    However I find that I may lern a few thingz here 2 - like my peep iz retired an'haz b-come far 2 lax in her dutiez around the Manor an'groundz. It uzed 2 b eazier 2 keep her in line when my bruther Shiloh wuz here 2 help manage her butt'bout a year ago he journeyed 2 the RB an'now I must do it all on my own az well az keep the Manor groundz free of unwelcomed kritterz an'zombiez - a BIG job fer one such az myself. Oh by the way, a 6am photo shoot iz uzually the best time of day.
    Lady Shasta of Beaglebratz Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Feel free to have a look around. My peep will soon be retired too, and I know it will take a lot to stop things from defending into laziness and lax habits! Yes, a Princesses and a Lady work is never done, so be firm and drive the change and take the helm, if you have a launch that is... I have a small row boat on the moat, but it works just the same! Alas we are in the same boat and needs the guidance of others to sort these things out. We call Ann 'Capability Ann' as she has worked wonders on the estate and on the Palace itself. This is an interim header, to take us into spring and summer after the winter season. Ann was out in all weathers decorating and gave the entire Palace a lovely Princess Pink wash. Anyways, you and your peep have a wonderful day, and I hopes you can call round again.
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  18. My mum works from home, which is good, but I hate trying to steal her attention away from the computer!

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think peep is hoping to work from home soon, which is a double edged sword in my book. Having some help, of sorts, or tripping over all the time. And as you say, trying to get peep off the computer!
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  19. eye noe this commint haz nothin ta due with this post
    but eye wanted ta say thanx 777 bazillion timez for
    yur kindnezz two me & me familee last week
    sorree for de copee N paste type for mat…….lovez all wayz
    boomer ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you all. Gentle purrs Erin ♥♥♥

      Delete
  20. We love your new background and header, Erin! Beautiful! Those Peeps! Always taking a day off here and there! Laziness. My Momma just started this day off nonsense and I don't like it AT ALL. Though you did give me the perfect guide to handle her nosing around my ... err ... idling at home. Shape up or ship out! The Princess has spoken! ~Bear Cat
    ps - your selfie looks very regal this week - great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Bear, great to see you. Thank you, I think Capability Ann has done a wonderful job in the Gardens this spring, and the topiary is brilliant. Rest assured peep is going nowhere near it with shears or fertilizer!
      Oooh you peep is part time too. Great, now if we can bump our heads together and combine their schedules I can get the moat cleaned out in double quick time! In fact we could write a book on 99 things to do with peeps!
      Purrs Erin

      Delete
  21. Hey if you are gonna make biscuits we sure hope you will share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I will, for sure! They have to be nip, with a clotted cream centre, nothing finer! Purrs ERin

      Delete
  22. MY Peep is going to retire at the end of the next school year. *I* wish she would retire NOW instead, this year, so she could stay home and up her performance as my personal staff. Waiting until June of 2018 seems *really* unreasonable.Don't you think? Also, did you know you had a tower growing out of your head? Or maybe it's some kind of special crown? Yes, that's it. I want one like that. This little gold one is so passe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Spitty, I do. Ooh sounds like there is going to be a lot of peeps with a LOT of spare time in the blogosphere! I wonder if we felines with blogs can get together and start a lunch club? That would allow the peeps to not be under our paws and get on with the chores!
      Oh no! A tower! So long as it's the West wing tower, where the library is, thats OK. I am a learned princess after all. MOL
      Hmm. Have a word with Ann at Zoolatry, she is wonderful with such things, and I am sure she can sort you one too, every cat deserves their crown. Purrs, ERin :)

      Delete
  23. Doesn't everyone deserve a day off every once in a while? Like a long, long, long while? Perhaps just one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, could be a thin end of the wedge of cheese that could. Maybe every leap year?
      Purrs Erin

      Delete
  24. MOL...it looks like peeps don't have anything else to do on their day off than spying on us...MOL :D But on the other hand, I do knead extra hard when they're in Awww when I'm doing the buiscuits :D Pawkisses for a Happy Day..oh, and forget about your Selfies! They are double cute today :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is hard to keep a schedule with someone spying on me. Better they go off shopping or doing chores, for sure. Have a great week. Purrs ERin

      Delete
  25. Hey Erin, jeez mew're going to have to instruct the kraken to go walkabout on your peeps day off to keep him occupied! MOL Either that or extend the Palace! MOL

    Bestest purrs

    Basil & Co xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, thanks Basil, I'll put the plans in today, as I don't want the Kraken to have the same issues falling over the peep, with all those tentacles it could get messy! MOL
      Purrs, ERin

      Delete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You mean he... And... Didn't bother... DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL YOU? MOUSES!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, for sure, peep didn't say a word. Mouses!

      Delete